Medications like Suboxone® (buprenorphine), Probuphine® implants (buprenorphine), and methadone help you overcome physical symptoms of withdrawal. Then, behavioral counseling helps you explore and heal emotional wounds while learning to live a lifestyle of recovery.
With skillfully guided counseling, you can:
- Repair damage to relationships with friends and family members
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Correct substance use, dependency and addictive behaviors
- Develop healthy, positive strategies for coping with cravings and urges to use
In addition to a comprehensive addiction recovery treatment program — which includes therapy assisted by medication, Day Treatment, psychiatric evaluation and care, and Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) — Symetria Recovery offers you individual counseling sessions and family counseling sessions designed to recover from a painkiller dependency or addiction to heroin.
Individual sessions offer the privacy and emotional space to probe the underlying causes of substance use, while family sessions help you and your loved ones communicate better and build stronger, more supportive relationships with one another.
All sessions take place in a comfortable and confidential environment and are facilitated by licensed, master’s-level clinicians who are specially trained to help you deal with the unique challenges of addiction, dependency and recovery.
Family Therapy for Substance Use Disorders Helps Achieve Full Recovery
Substance abuse/use recovery treatment and family therapy frequently go hand in hand. It is often stated that addiction is a family disease; all members of the family unit suffer from the negative consequences of the single family member’s substance use problem. No matter how much time you spend working toward sobriety, if the most important people in your life are not part of that recovery, it can cause problems. In all ways, the family is a system. If there is one broken part of any system, the entire setup can fail.
Family substance use, dependency and addiction counseling explores dynamics such as:
- How certain family members have enabled you with a substance abuse problem and how to change that behavior
- How familial relationships as well as actions and conflicts can spur substance-seeking behaviors
- How different family members can support sober living after treatment or during recovery
Through multiple types of therapy with the family during substance dependency treatment, the goal is to help you overcome emotional challenges that have stemmed from the addiction. Another primary goal is to create a supportive family unit upon which you can rely to maintain sober life beyond treatment.
Individual and family therapy for substance use recovery at Symetria Recovery include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Education and Continuing Care
- Mindfulness-Based Sobriety
- Relapse Prevention Therapy
- Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART) Support Groups
- Positive Acceptance Towards Healing (PATH) Meetings
- Sober Living Support Groups
Get Help Fighting Opioid Use, Dependency and Addiction Today
If you’ve been worried about a loved one, or if you’re concerned about the way you use your pain medication, we urge you to contact us as soon as possible for help. To take the first step or to talk to us about family therapy and substance abuse, contact us online or call (855) 282-4819 right away.