Heroin addiction has become a nationwide epidemic over the past ten years. Millions of people are daily heroin users, and most may feel as though there is no way to end their addiction. The truth is that heroin addiction is a disease, and it can be improved with the help of professional heroin addiction treatment centers.
At Symetria Recovery, our team has the knowledge and experience to guide people through the recovery process. If you are struggling with heroin addiction, our heroin rehab centers in Texas and Illinois provide the treatment you may need to become free of heroin dependence.
Heroin Withdrawal Overview
Heroin addiction means the person must continue using heroin to feel “normal” and experience pleasure. Once the person stops using, heroin is no longer entering the body or binding to opioid receptors in the brain. As the body adjusts to the absence of heroin, the person can experience unpleasant, potentially dangerous physical and emotional symptoms, which may last for days or even weeks. These symptoms are known as withdrawal.
Heroin withdrawal can begin within hours of the person’s most recent dose. Withdrawal symptoms generally peak anywhere from about twenty-four to seventy-two hours into the process, which may last for up to a week or longer.
Common heroin withdrawal symptoms include:
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Elevated heart rate
Heroin withdrawal symptoms may become quite painful, depending on the severity of the addiction and how long it has been since the person last used. In fact, some people experience withdrawal symptoms that are so intense that they resume using heroin just to ease the pain. At Symetria Recovery, our heroin addiction treatment centers rely on medication-assisted treatment as a cornerstone of addiction treatment.
MAT for Heroin Addiction
Our team uses medication-assisted treatment (MAT) as the primary method to help people overcome the withdrawal symptoms of fit the individual’s needs, so the effectiveness of treatment can be maximized.
- Identify and overcome underlying causes of addiction – Our therapy programs will help you to identify the past trauma or mental health disorder that may be the root cause of your addiction. We then work with you to heal these issues so that you won’t turn to heroin as a coping mechanism.
- Support system – The peers that you meet in treatment understand what you are going through. As you progress through recovery, you will form connections with these peers that will become a valuable resource.
- Time to focus – Our heroin addiction treatment centers give you the time away from your daily routine to immerse yourself in recovery. You also have distance from the triggers in your life that cause you to want to use heroin.
- A safe environment – Symetria Recovery’s outpatient heroin treatment centers are staffed by addiction specialists. We monitor your physical and mental health at all times to ensure your safety.
- Relapse prevention – We want you to continue your recovery for many years. Our team will teach you skills and strategies that will help you to abstain from heroin use after your treatment.
Get the Outstanding Heroin Addiction Treatment that You Deserve
Heroin addiction can become so overwhelming that people often need professional help to stop their heroin use. Symetria Recovery’s heroin addiction treatment centers allow people to overcome their heroin dependence as safely and comfortably as possible. Our heroin rehab centers in Illinois and Texas can provide the comprehensive addiction treatment you deserve. If you are curious about our heroin addiction treatment centers, reach out to our Symetria Recovery team today by calling 855.282.4819 or completing our secure online form. You can live a lifestyle that is free from heroin use by taking the first step today.