If you or a loved one is suffering from drug or alcohol addiction, you may not know where to turn. Thankfully, there are substance abuse treatment programs available in your area to help you right away. However, when you search for a substance abuse treatment center, there are a few things to consider to ensure you find the right program for you.
The Symetria Method at Symetria Recovery is a science-backed comprehensive approach to recovering from addiction. Our well-rounded treatment programs include medication-assisted treatment (MAT), individual and group therapy, and support to provide you with the best chance at recovery success. Call us today at 855.282.4819 to learn more about our highly effective substance abuse treatment programs.
What Type of Substance Abuse Treatment Do You Need?
When you are ready to ditch your addiction, you must find the right program to suit your individual needs. This will give you the best chance at success. Here is an overview of the most common types of substance abuse treatment programs available:
- Detoxification – These inpatient programs are designed to help you get through the withdrawal process so you can get clean. Detox programs are also the most intensive treatment programs since withdrawal symptoms will be the most severe at this time and can make you ill. Detox centers may provide medication-assisted treatment to decrease the intensity of withdrawal symptoms. In addition, having a care team nearby around the clock can safely and effectively help you get through this challenging period. The length of a detox program can vary depending on the substance you are using and the severity of your addiction.
- Residential/inpatient addiction treatment – These programs are created to provide an intensive level of treatment when you need a detox, along with extended support to stay sober. After you have completed detox, if needed, you will undergo case management and therapy. They often run for 30 days but could go longer depending on your needs.
- Outpatient addiction treatment – Not all recovery requires inpatient treatment. If you are dedicated to getting clean but cannot commit to being in a facility for 30 days or more, you may thrive with outpatient addiction treatment. This is a great option if you are concerned about managing work and family obligations while getting treatment.
- Intensive outpatient addiction treatment – These programs are similar to outpatient treatment and more frequent therapy and case management appointments. However, for those who cannot commit to an inpatient program but need intensive treatment, this program provides the right blend of help and convenience. You can receive all the assistance of an inpatient program at the facility while still being able to live in the comfort of your home.
Finding Your Local Substance Abuse Treatment Program
Once you know what type of substance abuse treatment may be right for you, it will be easier to narrow down your search for the right addiction treatment center. There are a few ways to find your local treatment program:
- Perform a simple Google search based on the type of treatment you need
- Use the FindTreatment.gov tool curated by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Ask friends, family members, or even your primary care physician for recommendations.
Symetria Recovery: Substance Abuse Treatment Serving Texas and Illinois
Getting the right treatment can make all the difference in your recovery success. When looking for an outpatient substance abuse treatment center in Texas or Illinois, you can depend on Symetria Recovery. We provide outpatient recovery and intensive outpatient programs to make getting clean and staying clean convenient and accessible to all of our patients. Call us today at 855.282.4819 to find out more about our highly effective outpatient treatment.