Sometimes it can be hard to know whether the way you are feeling is a temporary phase or something more serious that may require a mental health treatment program to help you heal. We all struggle at times with feeling depressed, anxious, or stressed out. So how do you know when it is time to seek mental health treatment?
When difficult emotions are interfering with your everyday life, reach out to Symetria Recovery. Our data-backed mental health treatment programs are designed to help you start feeling better quickly. Call us today at 855.282.4819 to learn more about how we can help you with the best science-driven mental health treatment Texas and Illinois can offer.
How to Know When It Is Time for Mental Health Treatment
When you feel under the weather, you may have a routine you follow to help cheer yourself up. Some people reach out to friends, while others may participate in a hobby or activity they enjoy. What about when it is more than just a bad day? Staying connected to others and planning to do the things you love regularly are great ways to help maintain your emotional health. However, when you have a mental health condition, it can take more than self-care to help you get back on track.
Here are some signs that you should consider mental health treatment:
- Having trouble sleeping.
- Struggling to keep up with everyday responsibilities like eating, cleaning, taking care of children, and paying your bills.
- Your condition is interfering with work.
- You no longer take part in activities you used to enjoy.
- Struggling to maintain good hygiene.
- You often cry or often feel on the verge of tears.
- You have thoughts of self-harm.
These signs can indicate any mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It can be too much to take this on by yourself. There is no need to continue suffering when mental health programs are designed specifically to meet your needs and help you get your life back.
What Kind of Mental Health Treatments Are Available?
If you are not sure what type of mental health condition affects you, there is no need to worry. Many of the symptoms overlap and can be treated similarly. In addition, different types of therapy can be used to address multiple conditions. Once you meet with a therapist, they can determine the best course of mental health treatment for you. Here are some of the most commonly used forms of therapy for mental health conditions:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This is the therapy used most often for mental health treatment due to its versatility. It can be used to treat anxiety, depression, substance use disorders, and more severe forms of mental illness.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – This therapy was originally developed to treat borderline personality disorder. Still, many practitioners have found it helpful for depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorders.
- Prolonged exposure therapy (PE) – This type of therapy is often used for PTSD, trauma, or anxiety to help desensitize the triggers setting off your symptoms.
In addition to therapy, you may also be prescribed medications to help ease the symptoms of your mental health condition. This can make it easier to stick with your mental health treatment program.
Take Back Control of Your Life with Mental Health Treatment at Symetria Recovery
Whatever mental health issues you are dealing with, Symetria Recovery is here to help. We provide comprehensive mental health treatment programs throughout Texas and Illinois. We treat the whole person rather than just the symptoms with a method proven to achieve long-lasting results. So contact our team today at 855.282.4819 to find out how we can help you regain control of your health and happiness.