With everything going on in the world today, it can be difficult not to feel a little down and out at times. Feeling sad or lonely and wanting to lie on the couch and watch movies all day is completely normal on occasion. While nobody feels happy all the time, depression can make you wonder if you will ever feel happy again. When feeling blue becomes your everyday mood, it may be time to consider depression treatment.
The depression treatment program at Symetria Recovery was designed as a comprehensive approach to mental health and healing. We understand that depression is just one part of a larger picture, aiming to treat the whole person. So when you are looking for a mental health treatment program that has been proven to help patients move on to lead healthier, happier lives, give us a call at 855.282.4819.
How Do You Know if You Need Depression Treatment?
When you have had a string of negative events in your life, like losing a loved one, loss of a job, or financial troubles, you may feel depressed. However, this feeling is usually temporary and short-lived. When you suffer from depression, it can feel like there is no end in sight to sadness and apathy. Many times, you may feel down for no apparent reason at all. To help lift the dark cloud looming over you, you may want to consider enrolling in a depression treatment program. Here are some symptoms of depression that can be helped with specialized depression therapy:
- Feeling hopeless about the future
- Overwhelming fatigue or lethargy
- Lack of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Crying spells, sometimes unprovoked
- Self-medicating with drugs or alcohol to lift your mood
You do not have to settle for living in a constant state of sadness. Depression therapy can help you regain the joy and hope that you deserve.
How Can Depression Therapy Help You?
Several methods can be used to treat depression. The recommended treatment plan will generally depend upon the type of depression you are experiencing. Four of the most common types of depression are:
- Bipolar disorder – This is characterized by alternating periods of extreme emotional highs and lows.
- Major depression – This is the most well-known type of depression and consists of a low mood and interference with daily activities lasting more than two weeks.
- Persistent depressive disorder – This is a milder, longer-lasting type of depression that continues for more than two years.
- Seasonal affective disorder – This condition is triggered by a lack of sunlight during the colder months and can last nearly half the year, depending on how far from the equator one lives.
Some of the components that may be a part of your depression treatment program are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This is the most frequently used therapy for depression treatment. It helps you address distorted thought patterns that may be keeping you stuck in a negative cycle. You will also examine how you respond to stressful or upsetting situations and develop coping skills that better serve you.
- Medication – Depending on the type of depression you are experiencing, medication may be prescribed to address imbalances in the brain that affect your mood.
How much of a difference can depression therapy make in your life? Many people who try depression treatment programs experience the following benefits:
- Relief from brain fog and fatigue
- More harmonious relationships
- Improved productivity at work
- Improved sleep quality
- Better overall health
Regain Your Zest for Life with Depression Treatment at Symetria Recovery
You do not have to accept depression as a part of your life. The depression treatment program at Symetria Recovery can help you find a sense of hope and joy so you can get back to enjoying life. With medication and therapy, our comprehensive approach to mental health will have you feeling like yourself again. Contact our admissions team today at 855.282.4819 to learn how you can find relief from depression with our highly effective mental health treatment programs.