We all have occasional bad moods. For example, a rough day at work or a fight with your significant other can have you down in the dumps. This is all a perfectly normal part of life. However, when you start feeling like your bad days are happening every day, there may be more going on than just your typical gloomy mood. It may be time to consider mental health treatment.
The mental health treatment services at Symetria Recovery are designed as a comprehensive approach to mental health and healing. We understand that a mental health condition is just one part of a larger picture, aiming to treat the whole person. If you are looking for the best science-backed mental health treatment and dual diagnosis treatment available, give us a call at 855.282.4819.
How Do You Know if You Need Mental Health Treatment?
Stressful events are a normal part of our lives; nobody is exempt. The demands of work, home, and family can make anyone feel overwhelmed from time to time. Sometimes, all you need is a little more self-care to help get you through the rough patches. However, when you are suffering from a mental health condition, you will need appropriate treatment to help you get back to feeling your best. There is a wide range of mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder, resulting in various symptoms. Here are some symptoms of mental health conditions that can be helped with specialized mental health treatment:
- Drastic mood fluctuations
- Excessive fears or worries
- Feeling hopeless about the future, stuck in your current situation
- Often feeling tense, on edge, irritable
- Crying spells, feeling hypersensitive to everything
- Isolating yourself from loved ones and activities you usually enjoy
- Self-medicating with drugs or alcohol to numb the discomfort
You do not have to settle for feeling stuck in a negative cycle of emotions. Mental health treatment can help you regain the peace and happiness you deserve.
How Can Therapy Help Your Mental Health?
Many different methods can be used to treat mental health conditions. The recommended course of treatment will depend upon the particular condition from which you are suffering.
Some of the components that may be a part of your mental health treatment program are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This is a popular choice of therapy for most mental health conditions. It addresses the distorted thought patterns that tend to be a staple of mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Challenging negative beliefs can help you reframe your thoughts for a healthier, happier outlook on life.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – This therapy helps you see your current situation for what it is and accept it without judgment. DBT helps you adopt a problem-solving mindset so you can begin to make positive changes in your life.
- Medication – This may be used in conjunction with therapy to help relieve your condition’s physical symptoms and address chemical imbalances in the brain.
How much of a difference can mental health treatment make in your life? Many people who try addiction therapy and medication experience the following benefits:
- More harmonious relationships
- Improved productivity at work
- Feeling more capable of managing emotions
- Feeling healthier and happier overall
Feel Like Yourself Again with Mental Health Treatment at Symetria Recovery
You do not have to accept the symptoms of a mental health condition as a part of your life. The mental health treatment services at Symetria Recovery can help you find a sense of joy and ease so you can get back to enjoying life. With medication and therapy, our comprehensive approach to mental health will have you feeling like yourself again. Call out team today at 855.282.4819 to learn how you can find relief at one of our mental health treatment centers.