In many cases, the physical effects of addiction are easy to notice. A sudden loss of weight or decline in hygiene can be red flags that indicate a person is hitting rock bottom with their addiction. The mental toll of addiction, however, can be much more difficult to identify.
At Symetria Recovery, our individual therapy program for addiction is intended to recognize the mental effects of addiction and then work through these issues with compassionate care. If you are struggling with addiction and feel as though you might benefit from an individual therapy program, reach out to our Symetria Recovery team today by calling 855.282.4819 or completing our confidential online form.
Individual Therapy Program Defined
Individual therapy for addiction typically occurs in private sessions with a mental health professional, usually a therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist. The mental health professional will be responsible for creating the frame of therapy, including which approach to therapy will be used and how progress will be measured.
At Symetria Recovery, our individual therapy program is designed with each individual’s treatment needs in mind. Our therapists have years of experience with addiction counseling, and they want you to feel uplifted and encouraged after each therapy session. We want you to get to the core of your addiction, and then we will collaborate with you to create strategies and skills that you help you stay on your road to recovery for many years to come.
Benefits of an Individual Therapy Program
There are many benefits of individual addiction counseling and therapy at Symetria Recovery, including:
- Address and overcome trauma – Past traumatic events often become the underlying cause of addiction. Our Symetria Recovery therapists are highly qualified and use evidence-based techniques to assist you in moving past previous trauma.
- Develop healthy coping mechanisms – It is inevitable that there will be times in your life that you will feel stressed and overwhelmed. In the past, you might have turned to drugs as a way to deal with the pressures of life. Our therapists will teach you healthy coping mechanisms to help you navigate life’s challenges without relapsing into old behavior patterns.
- A sounding board – Your Symetria Recovery therapist’s primary role is to act as a sounding board in a judgment-free environment. They will guide you through each session by listening, asking appropriate questions, and working with you to find solutions to the obstacles in your life.
- Goal-seeking behavior – Your therapist will help you to set short and long-term goals for your recovery and then create strategies to achieve these goals. As you reach these goals, you will feel an increased sense of self-esteem, which can fuel your recovery.
- Repaired relationships – Addiction often damages or destroys relationships with loved ones. The Symetria Recovery individual therapy program for addiction helps you acquire communication skills to re-establish relationships with friends and family members.
As you progress through sessions in your individual therapy program, long-lasting recovery will seem more attainable. Our Symetria Recovery team wants you to feel confident in your ability to avoid relapse and enjoy a drug-free lifestyle. The individual therapy program at Symetria Recovery allows you the opportunity to rebuild your life with the support of our team.
Heal the Root Cause of Addiction with Our Individual Therapy Program
At Symetria Recovery, our individual therapy program helps you to identify the underlying causes of your addiction and then work with your therapist to overcome these issues. Our team firmly believes that healing the root cause of your addiction will help you to maintain your recovery for years to come. Learn more about how effective our individual therapy program for addiction can be by contacting our team today by calling 855.282.4819 or completing our secure online form.