Addiction treatment programs should be designed with the individual in mind. An excellent addiction treatment center should provide a wide range of addiction therapy options, because effective treatment for one person won’t work for another.
At Symetria Recovery, we proudly provide a broad array of treatment options so that each person’s unique treatment plan produces the best results possible. Our dialectical behavior therapy program for opioid addiction has proven to be an effective tool to help people get on the road to recovery. If you are battling opioid addiction and are open to innovative therapeutic approaches, the dialectical behavior therapy program at Symetria Recovery can be the key to effective addiction treatment.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Overview
Dialectical behavioral therapy, also known as DBT, is a treatment method that helps people deal with difficult emotions and reduce struggles with addiction. This goal is accomplished by teaching various coping skills in four main areas: distress tolerance, emotion regulation, mindfulness, and interpersonal effectiveness.
Distress tolerance – This skill involves being able to feel intense emotions, such as anger or grief, without reacting impulsively or using maladaptive coping techniques, such as substance abuse or self-harm.
- Emotion regulation – A key milestone of DBT is when you stop letting negative emotions take over and instead accept your emotions without judgment. When you are able to regulate your emotions, you are less likely to turn to drugs as a way to cope.
- Mindfulness – Mindfulness increases your awareness of the present moment to help you accept how things are. This type of acceptance can improve your awareness and your perception of yourself.
- Interpersonal effectiveness – Learning to regulate emotions can help people deal with conflict and communicate more assertively. In turn, these skills increase interpersonal effectiveness, which is the ability to interact with others.
As you progress through the Symetria Recovery DBT program, you will gradually acquire these key life skills, which are designed to solidify your recovery.
The Four Stages a Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program
The Symetria Recovery dialectical behavior therapy program for opioid addiction is a stage-based therapeutic approach. As such, the stages in a typical DBT program include:
- Stage 1 – This stage involves stabilizing people and helping them gain control of their behaviors. Stage 1 usually involves crisis intervention of some kind to keep people safe from self-harm or addiction issues.
- Stage 2 – During Stage 2, individuals will work on their emotional pain and traumatic experiences. Therapists help clients to identify unhelpful thoughts, behaviors, and beliefs.
- Stage 3 – Stage 3 involves solving issues the individual associates with their everyday life. Therapy focuses on maintaining progress and setting achievable goals. The aim is to help people take responsibility for their actions and find joy in life.
- Stage 4 – In the final stage, individuals work toward advancing their lives and achieving spiritual fulfillment.
These four stages act as benchmarks for you as you work with your therapists throughout your DBT sessions.
Enhance Your Recovery with Our Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program
The dialectical behavior therapy program at Symetria Recovery helps people to recognize and regulate their emotions, which also eases the need to use drugs as a coping mechanism. If you are struggling with opioid addiction, the Symetria Recovery DBT program may be what you need to begin your road to recovery. Our outstanding team of therapists and addiction specialists will guide you through the stages of DBT, so all that you need to do is be ready to share honestly and openly during sessions.
Learn more from our team today by calling 855.282.4819 or completing our secure online form. A dialectical behavior therapy program may be just what you need to end your addiction for good. Reach out to our team today for more information.